Monday, August 07, 2006

So, we made a movie...

...called "Off the Black."

I'm really proud of it.

It had its world premiere at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. The screenings there were incredible (I'll be posting more about that in the future).

And I can't tell you how excited and lucky I feel that it'll be coming out in theaters this December.

It took years to get "Off the Black" made. It's been my life.

I'm still in disbelief that we pulled it off.

It took a lot of amazing people busting their asses to complete the film. I owe them all.

This is my first post, and I look forward to updating this MySpace page over the next few months. Maybe you'll enjoy some of my stories about making a movie. This was my first feature, so hopefully we can both laugh at my screw-ups. I'll try to share every mistake I made (Hint: I made a ton).

Thanks so much for checking out this page. I'll try to post regularly. And I hope to meet some cool new folks (and old friends too).

"Off the Black" comes out December 1st.

It's gonna be a strange ride until then...

Yours and I am,
James